Goals Prior to Attending College (through early August)
Last year I met a lot of my goals, so this year I made them even more challenging to reach. I’ve been working hard in practice with these in mind, and I’m eager to begin tournaments to see what I am able to accomplish.
- Handicap Index: +1 or better.
- Driver: Average 220 yards, 70% fairways.
- Approach Shots: 66% GIR and 95% nGIR.
- Scoring: ≤ 5 bogeys or worse per round.
- Putting: Meaningfully practice putting ≥1x/week to average ≤ 31 putts/round.
- Speed: Speed Training 3x/week February – July.
- Tournaments: Win two HJGT or equivalent events, finish top 3/5 depending on field size. Play three larger events (like the PA Junior) to continue to prepare competitively.
Goals for College (August-Dec)
This is going to be a year of many firsts for me. I am leaving home, going to college, and aspiring to be an asset to a college golf team while pursuing my dreams of becoming a PGA teaching professional. With all of the uncertainty in the world right now, I’m not sure what this year will bring me, but I made a list of goals (as I do each year) to serve as motivation.
- Average ≤31 putts per round
- Play in at least one non-school related event during golf season
- Create a golf-centered workout schedule, work out ≥3 times a week for 30 minutes
- Average driver 220 yards, hit 70% of fairways
- Increase sand saves by 10%
- Average 76 for all college events
- Research golf courses that may be a good fit for internship/job opportunities
- Continue to meaningfully practice putting at least 1x/ week